Five spooky activities to do in South West Sheffield this Halloween
South West Source’s top five spooky events that are happening around South West Sheffield this Halloween weekend
By: Emily Pollock
Here are five things you can do around South West Sheffield this Halloween. South West Source has found a variety of events for people of different ages and interests to enjoy:
- Young Hangman Productions Present Blood Hounds (18+) For two nights only at The Abbeydale Picture House, Nether Edge 29th & 30th at 7:30 pm. “Set in a world suffocating from darkness, evil now lurks in every shadow. Not for the faint-hearted perhaps! Brought to you from the twisted little mind of one of Sheffield’s local writers, this show promises to deliver terrifying horror, knuckle-biting thriller, delicious doses of drama and always the most wicked and darkest sense of humour.” Tickets are available from Eventbrite.
- Halloween ‘Haunted Screenings’ hosted by Nostalgic Film Club taking place on the 30th & 31st at Sheffield General Cemetery. “This immersive and thrilling experience delivers more than just a scary film in a spooky setting, you will be unleashed upon the maze of paths around the sprawling cemetery after-dark, with only a torch to guide you. For families and those with a nervous disposition, afternoon showings are also on offer, so there’s something for everyone – whatever your nerve threshold!” Tickets are available here.
- Greystones Gigs: Halloween, 31st at 10.30 am. “Audience favourite Mambo Jambo brings a spooktacular set to Greystones this year for our Halloween specials for 0-5-year-olds! Pieces include Zombie Jamboree, Witches Polka and Pumpkin Gumbo.” This event is also suitable for parents who can join in and have fun with their children. Read more here.
- Free Dusky Halloween Hike in Limb Valley hosted by Sheffield 20’s & 30’s Walking Group, starting at Millhouses Park Cafe 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm. Join their Facebook group to find out more.
- Halloween Wizards Tea & Crafting at The Steel Cauldron, Broomhill. Happening 21st- 31st October from 12 noon each day, requires a £5 booking fee and craft activities include making wands, dragon eggs and potion bottles. On the 28th there is also a Halloween adults-only party, and on the 27th and 29th, they are hosting Halloween student parties. Find out more and purchase your tickets here.